We know you might not regularly think about your septic tank—let alone repairing or maintaining it—and you shouldn’t have to, that’s what experts like us are here for. However, knowing a little bit about your septic system can help you make informed decisions regarding your home and where to go when it’s time for septic tank repairs in Coatesville, PA, or the surrounding area. On our blog, we’ll share helpful information and how-to’s on things like water treatment, septic systems, plumbing, and much more—we look forward to sharing our knowledge with you!
Septic System 101 – What is a Septic System?
Septic systems are used in lieu of sewer systems, which are more common in densely populated, urban areas where homes are closer together. In suburban and rural areas where homes are spread further apart, sewer systems are impractical. That’s where septic systems come in.
- A septic system is essentially a self-contained underwater treatment unit that treats black (toilet) and gray (sink, shower, bathtub) wastewater, as well as waste solids (toilet, garbage disposal) from your home.
- A septic tank itself is the main component of the septic system. It holds all waste solids and liquids, and contains the namesake bacteria which are essential to the system’s overall function. The two most important aspects of maintenance to avoid a septic tank repair are consultations and pumping. A septic tank professional can let you know during a consultation when you should have your tank pumped.
Tri-County Water does Septic Tank Repair in Coatesville, PA and Beyond
While septic systems are generally low-maintenance relative to other major home systems (HVAC, for example), they do require basic upkeep, and sometimes require professional repair. You may be tempted to postpone regular maintenance or small repairs on your septic tank. We recommend, however, that you not wait until a minor issue becomes a major problem.
We pride ourselves in offering sound diagnostic information, and honest information regarding how long you can wait. The last thing we want for our customers is to have something small and preventable become something problematic, costly, and messy.
Septic Tank Repair Service Offerings
We are experts in septic systems and septic tank repairs in the Coatesville, PA area, with extensive knowledge of important factors like terrain and soil. In addition to an array of related services, we provide the following quality, professional septic system services:
- Septic Repair
- Septic Consulting
- Septic Installation & Replacement
- Ecoflow® Peat Filters
- AdvanTex Systems
- Sand Mounds
- Trench absorption areas
- Drip irrigation -Micro-Mound
- Conventional in-ground absorption areas
- Sub-Surface Sand Mounds
If you have septic questions or think you might need septic repair, call us today or fill out the contact a septic inspection professional through the form on our website. We look forward to earning your business!
Leave a Reply