Sewer issues require a plumbing contractor, like Tri-County Services, to expertly diagnose and repair the issues. Our team of trusted technicians have dealt extensively with sewer issues in homes and commercial buildings. You can rely on our expertise and knowledge to accurately diagnose and repair any problems related to your sewer system.
Symptoms suggestive of sewer system problems:
- Sewage backup and blockages – If you have a backup each time you flush or run water down you sink or bathtub drain, then likely you have an issue with your main sewer line. However, if backups are limited to only one drain, then it is more likely your issue is isolated to that drain only.
- Repeat backups and blockages – If after a professional drain and pipe cleaning you are still having backups and blockages, then you may have a broken or deteriorating sewer line in need of repair or replacement. Having Tri-County Services perform a video inspection can detect if this is the case.
- Sewer gas odors
- Mold growth on walls or ceilings
- Slow drain(s)
- Foundation cracks, settlement, and sink holes
- Septic waste pooling in yard
- Rodent, pest, and insect issues
- Bright green, thick patch of grass
- Sewage backup in basement or through drains
Common causes of sewer system problems:
- Aging trees and their roots grow through sewer lines
- Old pipes, cast iron, and clay pipes
- Rusted pipes
- Collection of grease, coffee grounds, food, hair, and waste rinsed down the drain or toilet
- Leaking or missing gaskets in drain lines
- Items flushed down toilet: sanitary products, cat litter, paper towels, diapers, moist wipes, toys, etc.
- Improper use of garbage disposal
- Using over-the-counter liquid drain opener products in your drain lines
- Repairs made by homeowner or unskilled or uncertified technician