Water softener technology has advanced rapidly over recent years, but like any other household appliance, softeners can and do break down. In this blog, we’ll discuss a few of the most common problems with water softeners and the best ways to approach water softener troubleshooting.
If you’d rather have an expert evaluate your water softener, or if you’re looking for a high-quality softener that is built to last, contact Tri-County Water Services. We are experts in water softener troubleshooting, and we hand-pick each of the softeners in our inventory to ensure our customers have access to the very best products on the market. Call 610-857-1740 to speak with a member of our team.
Let’s examine a few troubleshooting techniques for some of the most common problems associated with water softeners:
The Water Softener Isn’t Softening Your Water
There are two potential issues that could be causing your softener to produce hard water: Either it’s not producing enough soft water to match your demand, or it’s not working at all. Here are a few steps to troubleshoot this issue:
- Confirm that the bypass switch is off and that the brine thank has enough salt;
- Break up any salt bridges that are preventing salt from falling into the brine tank; and
- Clean the injector screen if it is clogged.
Water Softener Regeneration Problems
There are several potential issues that could prevent your water softener from regenerating properly. Here are a few troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure the timer is working and, if not, replace it; and
- Make sure the timer or clock is configured correctly.
The Brine Tank Is Not Filling Up
If there’s not enough water in the brine tank or if it’s completely empty, follow these steps:
- Make sure the brine tank switch can float freely (if applicable) and, if not, clean the floating tube as well as other relevant parts;
- Install a new brine tank switch if necessary; and
- Evaluate the brine line and injector for wear or damage.
Get More Water Softener Troubleshooting Tips from Tri-County Water Services!
The water conditioning experts at Tri-County Water Services can help you troubleshoot the issues listed above and any other problem you have encountered with your water softener. To learn more about our services or to get help choosing the best water softener for your needs, call us today at 610-857-1740.