In the market for a new water softener and not sure what to expect when it comes to installation prices? It’s always a good idea to do the following when getting quotes for any major home improvement project:
- Thoroughly research each prospective company for proper licensure and good reviews.
- Meet or speak with a representative over the phone to make sure your questions are thoroughly answered and not brushed off or dismissed
- Understand what factors go into pricing so you can determine whether pricing is fair.
We take pride in our customer relationships and will always take the time to explain our pricing process if you have questions, but here’s a quick overview of some aspects that might affect how your installation job is priced.
Factors That Affect Water Softener Installation Prices
- The type of water softener. Water softeners of the same size and complexity will have roughly the same installation costs because they’ll take about the same time and labor to install. However, installing a small under the sink softener will be less expensive than installing a whole house water softener.
- The need for accessories. Is your space already equipped with the pipes and fittings needed to install a water softener? If not, those extra bits and pieces might increase the cost of installation. Similarly, if you are upgrading your system from a single to a dual tank softener, there will likely be an added cost for the installation of additional pipes.
- The removal of old equipment. Sometimes when replacing an old water softener system, the removal and disposal of the old system can incur an additional cost. However, this cost might be evened out if the pipes from the previous install are good and don’t need to be replaced.
At Tri-County Water Services, things that never cost extra include our free consultations with knowledgeable experts, our renowned customer service and leaving the job site clean and tidy. If you’re a homeowner in the Berks, Chester, Lancaster or Delaware County areas, give us a call and we’ll give you a thorough estimate for your project!